Inquisition - Obscure Verses For The Multiverse (2013)
The band Inquisition was formed in 1988 in Cali, Colombia by Dagon. The band started as a thrash metal act, and in 1994 evolved into raw black metal.
In 1996, Dagon left Colombia and moved back to the United States to continue Inquisition and search for a new drummer. That same year Dagon met Incubus, who joined the band on drums and the creation of their debut full length album began. This line-up has remained stable for more than fifteen years and is now seen as the classic Inquisition line-up.
INQUISITION style of black metal involves slow, deep and dark riffing combined with sudden tempo changes to faster sections based around blast beats and high-speed riffing; at times adding melodic solos. The classic Inquisition sound incorporates a combination of early era thrash metal-influenced riffing with darker and more chaotic black metal, primarily involving fast, tremolo picked minor-key guitar riffs, thus creating the trademark "Inquisition sound".
1. Force of the Floating Tomb 4:39
2. Darkness Flows Towards Unseen Horizons 03:58
3. Obscure Verses for the Multiverse 5:39
4. Spiritual Plasma Evocation 5:22
5. Master of the Cosmological Black Cauldron 4:45
6. Joined by Dark Matter, Repelled by Dark Energy 6:11
7. Arrival of Eons After 4:13
8. Inversion of Ethereal White Stars 5:41
9. Infinite Interstellar Genocide 5:28
10. Where Darkness Is Lord and Death the Beginning (bonus track) 6:36